VIP LEAP Testing
When you registered for VIP, you were informed that all VIP students must attend LEAP testing IN-PERSON and that LEAP tests are happening throughout the year. (see handout entitled “VIP Things to Know (#17)” and handout/webpage posting “OPSB Middle School VIP Criteria”)
Our second LEAP test will be given to
6th graders and 8th graders – Tuesday, January 25th
7th graders – Wednesday, January 26th
Things to know
- All students must take LEAP tests. This is a state and federal requirement. Failure to take the test could result in zeroes.
- This year, OPSB is not providing transportation. Parents/Guardians of VIP students must drop off and pick up their students at Good Hope. Drop-off and pick-up areas are located outside the new gym.
- This year, OPSB is not offering testing at alternate sites. You must come to Good Hope to test. On the handout/webpage posting entitled “OPSB Middle School VIP Criteria” it states that you “agree to attend zoned school campus for ALL standardized and diagnostic testing.”
- Students should be at Good Hope no later than 7:50 on their assigned testing day. Pick-up times will vary by grade level because of length of testing sessions.
- Students should be sure to bring their fully charged and fully operational OPSB Chromebook and its charger. The testing platform is only loaded to OPSB devices.
- Students may bring a cellphone. It will be collected during the test and placed in locked storage until testing is completed. At that time, the cellphone will be returned to students.
- When testing is completed, students may call their parents to come pick them up. However, approximate times for pick-up are 6th grade – 10:30; 7th grade – 11:00; 8th grade – 10:30 *** please note these are approximate times. Testing length can be altered due to things like technology glitches, extended time accommodations, etc.